Sunday 13 January 2013

7 billion hominids

The saying goes something like: if one has an infinite number of monkies and an infinite number of typwriters then eventually one of them will recreate the works of Shakespeare. When I started reviewing whatever I could download of e-books from self publishers I did so with a reasonable belief that there is gold out there. It turns out that this is very true. It struck me as the latest review was forming that we should expect greatness and important contributions; there are up to 7 billion hominids on this little globe and such a proportion can and will take the opportunity to create that greatness is inevitable. Clearly, not everything is going to be good. There is a normal distribution to all things. The point struck me and always strikes me that even if it is a one in a million chance then there are seven thousand 'ones in a million'. That many enriching stories, novels, thoughts and poems is the tip of the top. There is greatness out there and there will be more in the future. The search continues and is very invigorating.

No comments:

Post a Comment