Sunday 6 January 2013

My Manic Mind by J.M. Price

This is a courageous work by an author who has something useful to share. This is an educational insight into a seemingly much misunderstood subject. Before I read this piece I had no direct knowledge of bipolar and now the struggles and trials of this affliction are brought to life. The author's own struggle to gain control through self awareness, lifestyle and a heck of an effort is splendidly communicated. There are no soft edges to the hard truths. I am reminded of William Earnest Henry's "Invictus" and the closing sentiment "I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul." The author's diatribe against the pharmaceutical industry and the medical profession was too harsh but understandable. Read this book and take time to learn about significant challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment