Friday 4 January 2013

Buckets of Steam. A year in the life of a research technician


Reading this I was immediately returned to my days in the lab and my days in the Universities of my education. This is a fast moving read that is punctuated with interesting personalities and clever tales.  It does, though, highlight the cruelties and stupidities of University life and the sheltered inhabitants and Jim Cuthbert does not hold back.  It would be no fun to be in the spotlight of one of the author’s character assassinations but sadly human nature dictates that the outcome had me rolling around with laughter.  What fun to read events and spectacular stories of misadventure of eternal pseudo student. This is a book to be read by anyone who has resided in a University lab for any length of time. Certainly to be recommended broadly.

No comments:

Post a Comment